Hello from Dubai!
We have had quite the eventful day, and have unfortunately been delayed on our journey back to Minnesota. BUT we do know that God has a plan and is remaining faithful even in the frustration. Here’s what we’ve been through so far since we arrived at the Lusaka airport….
• Scheduled for 9:30 flight out of Zambia
• Got moved to 11:00 flight out of Zambia because of previous day’s delay due to airplane issues
• Got moved BACK to 9:30 flight out of Zambia
• Flight out of Zambia delayed
• Arrived in Dubai with barely enough time to catch the connecting flight
• Arrived at connecting gate to Boston
• All but Sheryl, Steve and Laurie were denied entry
• Go through connections desk two times before any news
• Told we would be leaving via London
• Also tried Italy and splitting us into groups and using different airlines
• Told we would NOT be leaving via London
• Told we would not be leaving until tomorrow
• Waited several hours and given free lunch
• Planned to go to Switzerland, Iceland, and MSP
• Itinerary changed again to Boston and MSP
• Waited for boarding passes and hotel vouchers
• Waited for a bus to the hotel
• Waited for Steve get through the long line to check us into the hotel
And here we are, finally resting after a long long day. We will be taking advantage of this stay by going on a bus tour of Dubai tonight before heading to sleep for another long day of travel tomorrow.
We expect to arrive in Minneapolis late Tuesday night.
We so appreciate your prayers as we continue to navigate the rest of our journey home, and we are so excited to tell you all about our time in Zambia when we see you again!